How to play by IM:
- Choose "Play by IM: Host". You will receive a random number from 0 to
100. IM this number to your opponent.
- Your opponent chooses "Play by IM: Join", and inputs the number you
gave him, and then hits the "GO" button. This number makes the starfield
identical on both of your computers.
- Your opponent then takes the first turn. At the end of his turn, he
will see a set of three numbers beneath the word "send:". Ask him to copy
these numbers (the easiest way is to highlight them and press CTRL+C to
copy) and paste them into an IM message to you.
- When you receive the IM, copy the numbers from it and paste them into
the "receive" blank on your screen (you can press CTRL+V to paste), and
then hit the "GO" button. The game will play out your opponent's turn,
after which you take your turn. At the end of your turn, you will see a
set of numbers to send to your opponent.
- Follow the same instructions above that your opponent used to send the
numbers to you to send the new numbers back to your opponent.
- Continue IMing moves back and forth until one player wins.